This has been the first blog award I have ever been nominated for and the feeling is surreal! It is amazing to be nominated for something that you love doing, and I would have never thought that I would be nominated for something like this. There are so many amazing blogs out there, and to have new followers every day and have a fellow blogger enjoy my blog is amazing. I feel so accomplished and I am super excited to keep following the Yellow Brick Road to see where this takes me!
This award was originally created by Eve at “Edge of Night” so go over to her blog if you want to read the origin of this awesome award! A great big thanks to Morgan at “Hopeless Book Addict” for nominating me!
Here are the rules taken directly from the original post:
“If you are nominated…
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
- Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post.
- Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above).
- Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
- Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing! (It happens LOL).”
I started book blogging as a way to connect with people who also love books. I wanted a way to talk about books to others, and hopefully give them a book that will also change their life. Reading has always been something close to my heart. Literature is an art and words are so powerful. I love being able to find fellow book nerds and “fangirl” with different people over our favorite books.
What made me really want to get into book blogging was watching BookTube videos. I want to switch over to BookTube in the future while also blogging. Doing both will help me reach people who like to read about books and people who enjoy watching videos of people talking about books!
I am also an English major with a concentration in Editing, Writing, and Media. I want to work in the book publishing industry, so this is a great place to start working on my skills.
Now, I have just started my blog this summer so I am in no way an expert. So, here are some tips for new bloggers that may help you get started! It is really intimidating at the beginning, but stay positive!
- Read what you love: Reading what interests you is something that is super important. Don’t try to read something just because everyone else loves it! Stay true to yourself, and you will find your niche and following!
- Stay Positive: Staying positive is super important. It may be frustrating when you aren’t getting the traffic that you want, but it will come in time. Just have fun doing what you love! You will get so much more out of this if you are positive.
- Social Media: Create accounts to advertise your blog everywhere! I have a Tumblr, Facebook, twitter, Instagram, and google+ account that all give updates on my recent blog posts. That is super important because you reach more people!
- Comment and follow other blogs: Make sure to support others and follow their blogs because they will return the favor! Also, reply to every comment you receive that will show your followers you appreciate their comments and interest. It is all about supporting each other and being grateful for their support.
- Post frequently: I try to post at least twice a week. I know life gets hectic, but you really need to try to be consistent. You don’t want to overwhelm your followers, but you also don’t want to neglect them either. Find a system that works for you and go from there.
Here is who I nominated! I looked far and wide for these gems, and I think they are all really deserving!
Brittany at “Brittanymariereads”
Ashley at “What’s She Reading?”
Aima at “Bookshelves and Paperbacks”
Beth at “Best Books by Beth”
Hannah at “Sprinkled with Words”
Ginaalana at “More Books Than Shoes”
Jane Emily at “Beyond Seventeen Reviews”
Becki at “GoaskBecki”
Clare at “Stacks and Shelves”
Joey at “Thoughts and Afterthoughts”
Juliet at “Girl, reading”