Wow, this is incredible! I have gotten nominated for another blogger award. This one is the Liebster Award, which is to help people discover new blogs. This is incredibly awesome, and I am so super excited. This is just making more excited about blogging, and I am so thankful for this great community of bloggers.
A big thanks to allyssaisreading for nominating me!
Here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger that nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions that the blogger gives you
- Nominate 11 blogs that you think deserve the award
- Give them 11 questions to answer
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them
Here are the questions I need to answer:
- Do you let others borrow your books? If yes, what book/s are on your ‘no borrowing list’?
I do let some people borrow my books. It depends on how much I love them. The books on my “no borrowing list” would be any book I haven’t read yet!
- What are your top 3 series?
Harry Potter, Throne of Glass, and Outlander.
- Series you couldn’t finish?
The Immortals series by Alyson Noel. They were just too angsty for my taste. Ever kept blaming herself for the tragic car accident that her family was in, and that doesn’t interest me much.
- What do you do when you buy a book but then dislike the story?
I hope I didn’t buy the second book if it were a series… I may donate it, or possibly try to get through it! I may read it at a later date with fresh eyes.
- Do you judge a book by its cover?
Definitely, especially YA covers.
- Favorite high school read?
I read Angela’s Ashes by Frank McCourt when I was a junior in high school, and it is one of my favorite books. It is a memoir that is beautifully written. There is so much pain, but McCourt does a wonderful job adding in a cocky Irish sense of humor that makes even the toughest times bearable. I recommend this book to anyone, and everyone.
- Do you lean more towards contemporary or fantasy?
Fantasy 110%. I rarely ever choose a contemporary read. I may have two or three that are in my bookshelf right now. The rest are fantasy! I am a nerd, I know.
- Thoughts on humans on covers?
I normally don’t like humans on the covers of my book. Since I read mostly fantasy I don’t have to worry about the creepy pictures that sometimes are put on book covers. Some book covers with models on them just look like they are trying too hard, and just come off as tacky.
- Do you annotate your books? Highlight quotes or put sticky tabs on favorite scenes/pages?
I do this in my history books that I read for school because I am a history major, but my fiction books I don’t. I don’t judge anyone that does, I just don’t like the way it looks.
- What got you into blogging?
I am an English major as well with a concentration in Editing, Writing, and Media. A blog is a perfect way to practice my skills, and start promoting books that I love because I want to be a publisher when I graduate.
- How do you decide which books to buy?
I am really into the BookTube community, so I look at what my favorite BookTubers are into at the moment. I also love going to the bookstore and browsing the new arrivals. I also love looking at what my fellow bloggers are reading as well.
Here are my 11 questions for my nominees:
- Do you prefer paperback or hardcover books?
- What do you do to get out of a reading slump?
- What got you into blogging?
- Would you prefer your favorite book series to become a movie franchise or a television series?
- Do you buy your books in a bookstore, or off the internet?
- How often do you buy books?
- What is a popular book that you dislike, but everyone else loves?
- Who would be your fictional one true pairing?
- What is your favorite genre?
- If you could reread a series over for the first time which would it be?
- Who is your favorite author?
Here are my nominees:
Emma from SheReadsBooks
Arie from Arie Reads
Nicki at Fyrefly’s Book Blog
Clara at Night-Time Reads
Rose at Rose Reads
Amber at Wild Heart Reviews
Sarah at Sarah in Zombieland
Laura at Blondehurst
Veronica at Literate Girl in an Illiterate World
There’s Always Time for a Book